Saturday, August 6, 2011

Wake Up Alone

I am usually not that emotionally occupied when a celebrity passes away... But in Amy Winehouse's case I cannot stop thinking about what once was a young, glowing woman with what many said was an open personality, and an undeniable stunning contralto voice, dying so young... 
(Saw this on Tumblr)





I don't want to comment on her tabloid hype regarding her drug/alcohol habits because there's no point, my opinion doesn't mean anything and I'm only one of a bajillion people voicing my opinions on the internet. But what I will say is that you can tell from the lyrical material that Amy wrote that she was someone who was in a lot of pain and was yearning for some love. 




One of my favourite songs from Back To Black album: 


We're all creation, and God sees us all the same way... All of us as people mess up, we let our friends down, we don't live up to our lover's expectations, and just as often we are let down by others. But I think that just showing someone some unconditional love has such potential to change a life... Being free from any oppression or the feeling that someone has to just compensate for their actions in order to deserve love is completely liberating. 

This is something I've been thinking about a lot since her death... And [like I mentioned] I know my opinion really doesn't mean anything but I've been challenging myself to be more understanding and compassionate in the way I deal with others, and letting go of my bitterness... We can never fully know what's happening in someone's life, why they behave the way they do, or if they have bitterness too, so even if it means trying to be more polite when a situation goes wrong, or trying to make a joke or conversation when a service-person is acting edgy, because we don't know how that could cheer them up. Even if it doesn't, it's better than adding to all the things that are bringing someone down. 

Since Amy Winehouse's death, I've been thinking of the idea of unconditional love/selfless love. With my sisters, and my true friends, I've been trying to view them the same way that God would view them, meaning trying to see them from more positive eyes when I feel frustrated. It's been really difficult but if I can help a friend and be loving and supportive the way others have been with me (especially when I didn't deserve it), I think it could be a really positive force... 

People need love, especially when they think they don't deserve it. 


Prayers for the Winehouse family and all those close to her. May they feel comfort and love like never before in their dark time. 

s. 

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online